2021 Kader Asmal Postgraduate Scholarships to Study in Ireland : The Kader Asmal Postgraduate Scholarship is an International Scholarship that seeks to support early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education for capacity building.
This Scholarship opportunity offers to the selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland. The programme is supported by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
Scholarship to be taken at: Ireland
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Slots: Several
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: See Subjects Eligibility
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students in South Africa.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Kader Asmal Postgraduate Scholarships to Study in Ireland 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess a minimum of two year’s work experience that is relevant to his/her proposed course of study.
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.33 (4.0 scale). This should include a first class honours, or second class honours, Grade 1(in some cases a second class honour Grade 2 may be accepted, if the applicant has sufficient directly relevant work experience).
- Not already hold a qualification, have started a programme, or due to start a programme in the academic year 2020/21, at a master’s level or higher.
- Be applying to commence a new course at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August/September 2021.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within their country.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all programmes chosen.
- University application fees
- Tuition fees
- Examination and other fees
- Economy travel to and from applicant’s country of residence to Ireland
- Settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for the applicant.
- The costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application.
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related courses
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related courses
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
Application Procedures for the Kader Asmal Postgraduate Scholarships to Study in Ireland 2021
Applicants are to apply online by completing the online application form before the application deadline. Applicants are to provide accurate information to avoid disqualification.
The application process consists of three stages:
Stage 1 – preliminary application: Opens Thursday 23rd July 2020 and closes Monday 31st August 2020 The stage 1 application form can be found below. This is a short application form which allows our selection panel to assess your eligibility under the various criteria of the programme. Canon Collins Trust will contact you once final decisions have been made (in September 2020) and inform you whether or not you have been successful at stage 1. Please do not otherwise contact the Irish Embassy during this period.
Stage 2 – detailed application: Opens Monday 21st September 2020 and closes Monday 19th October If your Stage 1 application is successful, you will be invited to move on to stage 2 of the process, and complete a more detailed application form including the submission of all required documents.
Stage 3 – English language tests and Interviews: If you are successful at stage 2, you will be invited to take an English language test and, if successful, will be invited for interview and to submit certified copies of your documents
The stage 1 process is a preliminary application which seeks information under the headings detailed below and requires you to submit a scanned copy of the following documents with your application form:
- Applicant’s passport (only the identity page is required), or other official identification document if you do not have a passport at this time
- Your undergraduate degree award certificate
- Final degree academic transcripts
- (Optional at this stage): Your English language test (IELTS) certificate. Only IELTS certificates dated September 2019 or later are acceptable If you already have an English language test result from an exam other than the IELTS exam, this may also be accepted. Please include your certificate with your application form.
Application Deadline: 17:00 GMT on 31st August, 2020
Other Scholarship Opportunities:2020/21 (fully-funded) International Scholarship At Macquarie University, Australia